We have been so busy lately that I can’t even begin to think of getting back on our normal schedule. Our recent move to the new place has consumed our lives for the past 8 days and will continue to consume it for several more to come. We downsized and are coming to grips that we don’t need to hang on to everything we have ever owned. Sometimes it’s hard to part with things that were once important. To nudge myself into making a decision of “trash or keep” I ask myself “When is the last time I used this, or even thought about it?”. Usually it’s trash, but sometimes it’s a keep, just because.
Here are a few things I decided to keep, “just because”.
1. photos from magazines of hair highlights I like
2. stickers I have had since I was in middle school
3. left over vases from my wedding
4. a toy I brought home from our visit to Maui when I was little
5. cards from my grandmothers, mom, and dad from over the years
Every time we move, I see these things and they make me smile. I think that makes it worth keeping, don’t you think?